2019 CETL Orientation for New TAs
The CETL Orientation introduces new and returning graduate students to the teaching culture at UC Merced by addressing important pedagogical policies, classroom dynamics, and course planning among other important topics. It is a required session of GROW for all new graduate students, including those who will not be teaching assistants in the fall.
The 2019 CETL TA Orientation schedule was held August 19th from 8:00am - 12:30pm. Below are some useful materials for new and continuing TAs:
- Orientation Handout (includes a first-day checklist, example Find-Someone-Who activity, and example Exit Ticket)
- Tip Sheet for Commenting and Grading
- Discussion Points for Meetings with Your IOR
- Good Teaching Practices to Employ (useful document from 2018)
- Your Four-Step Guide to Holding Office Hours
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.