Any faculty member who is teaching a course or planning to teach a course may choose to consult the Center. These consultations provide new and experienced faculty with an opportunity to discuss any aspect of their teaching, including:
- Moving toward remote learning (NEW)
- Designing/revising writing assignments
- Clarifying learning goals and outcomes
- Designing/revising course syllabi
- Analyzing student course evaluations
- Creating inclusive learning environments
- Evidence-based instructional practices
- Developing tools for assessment and evaluation
- Other issues related to teaching and learning.
Faculty who are teaching in a new format or setting, are unaccustomed to the American classroom, or are simply interested in improving their teaching are encouraged to use this service. For an appointment, please request an individual consultation.
The MERLOT ELIXR initiative offers a digital case story repository that hosts more than 70 discipline-specific multimedia stories. Digital stories for faculty development can provide real-life experiences of exemplary teaching strategies and the process of implementing them. These digital case stories can be used freely in faculty development programs and also accessed by individual instructors.