You are hereHome › About
The Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning (CETL) advocates a union of scholarship and instruction, grounded in the academic principles of research and focused on supporting the success of a diverse student population in a research university context. To enable students to excel academically, we support a campus-wide culture that values, fosters, and rewards continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
The CETL establishes a firm foundation in support of teaching and learning through the following goals to:
- Foster an enduring commitment to an evidence-based approach to improving student learning at course, program and institutional levels;
- Facilitate teaching and learning-focused professional development that supports diverse pedagogical approaches and instructional experience;
- Support all instructors in engaging UC Merced's diverse student population in a research university education;
- Provide pedagogical support for online and hybrid classes, as well as teaching with new technologies;
- Collaborate with units across the university to improve student learning.
In person in the Academic Office Annex (AOA), Rooms 111-113.
By phone 209-228-7950; by fax 209-228-4128
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teaching Assistants
- TA Orientation
- Teaching Matters
- Special Topics
- CETL Instructional Internship
- CETL Graduate Student Fellowship
- Collaborative Projects
- Past Grant Opportunities
- Individual Consultations Form
- Picture Gallery
- Academic Technology
- English Language Institute